North Florida Archers
- is an I.B.O. member club
Also follow us on:
to donate to North Florida Archers 3D Target Fund
NFA - 2020
- Don't forget, Compound
- Shoots will be
split into different
- days (same weekend) this year.
- Keep an eye on our Event
- this website and
stay informed as to who
- links at left...
- Your club membership card
- is to be
- you are at the club.
- Your membership card
- identifies you as a current
- and valid
- Is the Club Gate Open???
- Please note: North Florida
Archers is not
- open and staffed full time.
The club's gate
- will be open only when members
- present using the facility.
- If you are a prospective
- wishes to
visit the club or come out to
- pay your dues, it's best to
plan on a
- weekend visit for a greater
- of an open
- If you are a weekday person,
- want to call the
club's contact# listed at
- the upper
left corner of our web pages
- to check if the
gate will be open before
- you come. There
is a good chance it will
- be but
there is no guarantee as members
required to close and lock the gate
they leave if no other members are
- present and using the
- Next Club Meeting
- Feb 5, 2020
- 6:00 pm
Next 3D shoot
- Feb 8-9, 2020 (Sat-Sun)
- TAS Southeast Regional
- Traditional Championship
- Tuesday Night
- Working Man Shoot
- Starts Mar 10, 2020
- 06:00 pm - 10 targets
- $10 for cash payout
- $5 to fun shoot
- In order to preserve the
- life of our targets on the
- walk around ranges, no
- person will shoot more
- than 2 arrows per target.
- Target repair/replacement
- is very time consuming
- and costly.
- This policy will extend the
- life of our 3D targets so we
- can continue to provide a
- great shooting experience
- for all our members.
- Course Update
- NFAA range is now an
- Animal Round range with official
- NFAA animal round targets.
- This is a fun range. I shot it today with
- 3 other NFA members and had a
- Here's the cool part, if you don't get a
- scoreable shot on your first arrow, you
- can take a second or even third shot for
- less points but hey, it's better than a zero
- A tournament using this course is
- being planned so stay tuned for
- shoot date. In the mean time,
- come out and give the course a try.
- If you're not familiar with
- round competition, there are info sheets
- in the pavilion bulletin board
case at the
- club. For more details, watch the
- 3 minute NFAA Youtube video below
- on the Fundamentals
of an Animal Round
- A vote on a proposal to use
- IBO scoring
- for our Traditional archery
- passed unanimously at the Nov
Compound scoring remains 5,8,10,12
- A proposal to create an open class for the
- Annual Traditional
Rendezvous shoot only
- was voted and passed at the
Dec 4, 2019 meeting. Open class consists of bows with
- any of the below listed
equipment or setup.
- > a clicker
- > an elevated
rest, Fixed or Magnetic flipper.
- (Does not include
rests with NO plunger
- i.e. Bear style feather rest, Bear
- Rest or a
flipper or small elevated
- provided with
- > a plunger or
adjustable strike plate or bolt
- > stabilizer
- > string
walking IS ALLOWED in open class
- ILF bows that are shot off
of the shelf
- will be allowed to shoot in the
- Recurve or Longbow class.
- Compound Shooter of the
- 2016 Don DeLong, Abbi Williams
- 2017 Don DeLong, Abbi Williams
- 2018 Don DeLong
- 2019 Don DeLong, Abbi Williams
- Shooter Of The Year 2020
- Traditional Shooter of the Year
- 2016 Gene Parson, Lesa Clifford
- 2017 Steve Jordan, Lesa Clifford
- 2018 Gene Parson, Lesa Clifford
- 2019 Gene Parson, Lesa Clifford
- Shooter Of The Year 2020
>> No Crossbows allowed,
and Traditional bows only <<
Broadheads are NOT allowed anywhere on club property except
- Please don't litter, no
one wants to see trash in the woods.
- If you take it in... take it out.
- Members are reminded per the North
Florida Archers Membership Guidelines:
Hunting is not permitted on any portion of the North Florida Archers
nor shall anyone shoot any live animal or bird for sport or
Members are responsible for closing and locking the club’s access
are the last person to leave the facilities, regardless of
the time of day.
Members and guests shall not move any target or remove or replace
target face without permission from the Range officer or other club
About North Florida Archers
Florida Archers (NFA) is a non-profit organization whose sole purpose is
to provide an opportunity for the citizens of North Florida to
participate in the sport of archery.
by members in good standing, the club provides facilities for both
traditional and compound archers. Sorry
no crossbows allowed!
facility is located on approximately 45 beautifully wooded acres within
the Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park. The
facility features a covered target range with targets at varying
distances up to 70 yards with room for targets to 100 yards.
It also has wooded shooting trails throughout the property, which
feature multiple 3D targets.
facilities are open from 7:00 a.m. until dark seven days a week.
Access to the facility is controlled so that members can come and
go at their leisure. Boy Scouts,
Girl Scouts and other youth groups are welcome to visit and try their
hand at the sport. Coaching
is offered in the finer points of archery while emphasizing the aspects
has a very low membership fee for individuals and families.
Membership dues are used for facility maintenance.
are held at 6 p.m., the first Wednesday of the month (unless
holidays or special events conflict), to discuss club issues and to welcome
new members. All meetings are held at the club pavilion.
club is entirely managed by its members.
Members are encouraged to volunteer for special workdays and to
help with the preparations for the monthly shoots.
further information please browse this website, stop by the club's
- call the club
US Navy, in support of the Morale Welfare and Recreation for government
personnel, established North Florida Archers in
1988. In 1990 the facility was turned over to civilians
for management and control. Approximately 2001 the facility
became part of the city of Jacksonville park system.
property includes historical elements, including a section of the “Old
Brick Road” which is a part of the history of the Jacksonville area.
Florida Archers (NFA) is located within the Tillie
K. Fowler Park, 7000 Roosevelt Ave, Jacksonville, Florida.
Access to the club is across the road from the Yorktown Ave. gate
of the Naval Air Station-Jacksonville (NAS-JAX).
See the LOCATION
page for area maps, directions and further details.
- Mike Chesser
- Vice President
- Bob Keaton
- Debbie Allen
- Don Williams
- Chairman of the Board
- Billy Loudermilk
- Board of
- Scott Carnes, Mike Cieslinski,
Lesa Clifford, Wil Clifford
- Justin Connally, Rick
Crose, Brian Eckert, Harvey Like, Debra Lowe
- Allen Sparkman, Shannon Terrell, Steve Williams
created Aug, 2007 by Jim Parsons - designed and maintained by Jim