16+ aged attendees need picture ID
DL and Birth date to be provided to Debbie Allen
for base pass processing.
Clean out your cars, no firearms, bows, etc..
Gift Exchange - $10 guy/girl/youth
- North Florida Archers meeting minutes
The Club Meeting was called to order by Club
President, Mike Chesser. The Pledge of Allegiance was completed and a
Moment of Silence was observed for the Men and Women serving our
country at home and abroad.
The Club Secretary read the minutes from the last
meeting, minutes accepted as read by Membership.
The Club Treasurer provided a summary of Club
Activity for November 2019.
- Checking and Savings balances are looking good
with usual and customary expenses including:
- Reminder about RSVP for Christmas Party.
- 11 New NFA memberships
Club President Michael Chesser had the following
- NFA 2020 Event Schedule has
been posted to NFA Website and posted at the Range near the Sponsor
- Rinehart 100 - No ETA
and no further updates as of 11/6.
- A vote was held on the Motion to ADD
and Open Class for the Traditional Rendezvous. This would place
Traditional Archers with qualifying equipment into a new "Open
Class". This would apply to bows with the following
configuration options: elevated rest, flipper rest with a plunger,
draw clicker, strike plate, a plunger and stabilizer.
- This Class would include Sparkle Bows.
- IBO and other archery organizations have
- Mike Chesser or any Officers/Range Official can
make the determination for a bow to be classified as "Open
- Trad Rendezvous would have 4 Classes and
Shooters can shoot in all 4 if they so choose.
- Open Class as implemented by NFA would NOT
ALLOW for use of Sights. Traditional Bows with Sights would
continue to NOT be allowed.
- Open Class as implemented would NOT include
a "stick on" flipper rest unless it was paired with
- This Motion was unanimously approved by
- Other discussion topics include the following:
- Target Bale materials have gone way up in cost.
The club will obtain 1 bale and be thrifty existing "less
used" bales, including shortening bale height for 40yard
and longer bales used mostly by compound archers. The 20y and
30y bales would remain relatively unchanged.
- Dumpster for Clean Up day "Jan 11"
will be ordered soon. Size TBD.
- Ethical Shoot on December 8
- Looking for Raffle Donations and Sponsors
- Flyers being prepared for distribution at
GreenAcres, Southern Sportsman
- Advertised on the TAS Website
- Christmas Party Update
General Discussion and pending items.
- Membership renewals paid online
- Debbie asked about food for the Ethical Shoot
- 1st Annual Chili Cookoff.
General Reminders for the Following;
NFA Tom Swift Rendezvous April 10-12, 2020.
Compound and Traditional Shoots will
be split into different days in 2020 - See Event Schedule.
Shooter of the Year Changes for 2020 - $10 Fee to
help defray costs - sign up in January.
December 20, 2019 is the NFA Christmas Party
Reminder to ALL that the LAST ONE OUT at any time
during the day - LOCKS THE GATE!!!
- January Work Day is now
scheduled for January 11, 2020 because…..
- IBO Shoot - January 18-19, 2020
NFA will host a World Compound Qualifier and Traditional Shoot.
- IBO class rules, scoring and format.
- Traditional Archery Society - TAS Southeast
Regional Championship is slated for February 8-9, 2019.
- All indications, same as last year for format and
There being no further business, a motion was made
and seconded to adjourn.