- North Florida Archers meeting minutes
The Club Meeting was called to order by Club
President, Michael Chesser The Pledge of Allegiance was completed and
a Moment of Silence was observed for the Men and Women serving our
The minutes from the last meeting were read by the
Club Secretary. Minutes were accepted by membership as read.
The Club Treasurer provided a summary of Club
Activity for the month of October.
- Club expenses were usual and customary with a note
that the foam for the target bale reset has been delivered.
- October saw a mix of membership activity with 19
new members and 8 renewals during the month.
- Checking and Savings balances are looking good.
Wil turned over the floor to Billy Loudermilk/ Club
Chairman of the Board.
- The search continues for a certified instructor to
lead youth instruction efforts which are currently suspended by
membership vote. Issue remains pending.
Michael Chesser Talking Points:
- TAS Shoot for February 8, 9 and 10th.
- Michael reminded everyone about the Traditional
Archery Society (TAS) Southeast Championship in February 2019 with
some additional information based on discussions with organizers.
- IBO scoring and stake setup
- Less shooting categories
- IBO Classes and Rules
- Attendee estimates are up to 175 Shooters
- 40 targets - This is NOT an extreme shoot and
should not be setup that way or with typical North FL Archers
- 10 coon shoot targets (Sat Night)
- The club can sell lunches on Saturday for 100
- Parking will be addressed by Michael with the
COJ. Parking on club property and down at the Park.
- Additional discussion will be ongoing.
- Desire for Work Teams and Team Leaders
- Mike to lead member contact efforts due to TAS
Shoot in February and club needs.
- Lunch will be provided to all workers.
- Need 80 people minimum.
- By vote, Chick and Beef were selected as primary
- By vote, Baked Beans, Macaroni & Cheese and
Coleslaw were selected as side dishes.
- Debbie to explore desserts and drinks with
- $13 per person fee helps offset plates,
- *** Money and Participant information needed by
December 1, 2018.
- Money can be dropped in Club Lockbox, see main
webpage for details.
- Robin Hood Movie Promotion
- Movie comes out on Thanksgiving and presents a
"darker" side of the legend of Robin Hood.
- Opening at Cinema in Fleming Island. See Club
webpage for more details.
- Lionsgate Rep said the Club could set up a table
and do archery demos at opening, Mike working on further details.
- Lionsgate Rep did a Club promo on Saturday 10th
and held drawings, gave away t-shirts.
- Robert and Don DeLong are leading efforts for
Compound Only Shoot for February. Get with them. There is a flyer at
Green Acres with a 50 people minimum. Please let them hear from you!
- Club Work Day events are going to be promoted via
email, Facebook and the Club Website along with Flyers posted at the
Club. We need your support! Please plan to attend and help out -
Lunch will be provided.
- Christmas Party Details Reminder Section
- Shrine Club in Green Cove Springs (Healy/Russell
RD) will be rented for the venue at $75/hour and with catering,
the cost is estimated at $13/head with no Cost to the Club for the
party except for paper goods and decorations.
- The Club will however put up the refundable
security deposit of $500 for the Christmas Party venue on behalf
of the club membership.
- Party is scheduled for Thursday, December 13th,
- Setup between 5 and 6pm.
- Party run from 6pm to 9pm.
- $10 Gift Limit for Male & Female Gift
- Funds need to collected by December 1 to meet
- Members are requested to Call (904) 365-8005
(leave a message w/name, # of people attending). Club Secretary
will confirm. The $13 per person fee can be placed in an
envelope and placed in the lockbox at the range. You can also
send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with your member name and # of attendees.
Please put NFA Christmas Party in the subject or body. More
details will be published on the website soon. The date is
There being no further business, a motion was made
and seconded to adjourn.