Reminder to ALL that the LAST ONE OUT at any time
during the day - LOCKS THE GATE!!!
- North Florida Archers meeting minutes
The Club Meeting was called to order by Club
President, Mike Chesser. The Pledge of Allegiance was completed and a
Moment of Silence was observed for the Men and Women serving our
country at home and abroad.
Club Secretary was absent, Minutes compiled from
notes provided by Club President.
The Club Treasurer provided a summary of Club
Activity for October, 2019.
- Checking and Savings balances are looking good
with usual and customary expenses including:
- Reminder about RSVP for Christmas Party.
- Volunteers needed to decorate to pass out access
passes for members at the GATE.
Club President Michael Chesser had the following
- NFA 2020 Event Schedule has
been posted to NFA Website and Senior Range Officer (Butch) ordered
vinyl sticker to display at the range.
- Rinehart 100 - No ETA
and no further updates as of 11/6.
- 2019 Christmas Party
invitations have been sent, need headcount ASAP.
- The Motion from last
month regarding a change to scoring for Traditional Shoots Only to
IBO Format - x, 5, 8, 10, 11 - motion was approved by majority
vote for implementation in January, 2020.
- Compound Shoots will continue with ASA Rules
and ASA scorable targets.
- A new proposal to ADD
and Open Class for the Traditional Rendezvous was discussed. This
would place Traditional Archers with qualifying equipment into a new
"Open Class". This would apply to bows with the following
configuration options: elevated rest, flipper rest, draw clicker,
strike plate, plunger and stabilizer.
- A flipper or small elevated rest with NO
plunger i (ie..New Samick with stick-on rest) is not "Open
- This discussion included the advantages and
disadvantages of "Sparkle Bows".
- IBO and other archery organizations have
- Mike Chesser or any Officers/Range Official can
make the determination for a bow to be classified in "Open
- Trad Rendezvous would have 4 Classes and
Shooters can shoot in all 4 if they so choose.
- Open Class as implemented by NFA would NOT
ALLOW for use of Sights. Traditional Bows with Sights would not
- This Proposal was 2n’d and approved by
members for 30 day review period with Vote at December Meeting.
- Other discussion topics include the following:
- Storage container (Con-ex) clean up and moving
of targets into it.
- Purchase of ASA Targets for 2020 Compound
- Good draw for new Compound Members.
- Ethical Shoot on December 8
- Looking for Raffle Donations and Sponsors
- Flyers being prepared for distribution at
GreenAcres, Southern Sportsman
- Advertised on the TAS Website
- NFA Pins are in and are
Senior Range Officer provided the following range
- Some targets on walk around trails need repair.
- There are a couple of trees down which need to be
- Need participation for upcoming shoots… setup,
takedown, clean up.
- Discussed incentives to work/volunteer.
- Distribute flyers, mass emails and have signage
to advertise 2020 work days in January and June, 2020.
- Shooting ranges closed on work days.
- Various work efforts identified include:
- Restack bales
- Clean up down trees and lane underbrush where
- General grounds clean up
- Offered and idea to get decals for cars
w/Memberships with expiration year.
- Members should always wear their badge while on
Mike Shay offered a Field Archery Update
- Minor issues need to be taken care of regarding
targets and bales.
- General Plan has been laid out, needs to be
General Discussion about the following:
- Membership renewals paid online
- Shooter of the Year Scores for Ladies was not on
website per Will and Lesa
- Debbie asked about food for the Ethical Shoot
General Reminders for the Following;
- January Work Day is now
scheduled for January 11, 2020 because…..
- IBO Shoot - January 18-19, 2020
NFA will host a World Compound Qualifier and Traditional Shoot.
- IBO class rules, scoring and format.
- Traditional Archery Society - TAS Southeast
Regional Championship is slated for February 8-9, 2019.
- All indications, same as last year for format and
- NFA Tom Swift Rendezvous April 10-12, 2020.
- Compound and Traditional Shoots will
be split into different days in 2020 - See Event Schedule.
- Shooter of the Year Changes for 2020 - $10 Fee to
help defray costs - sign up in January.
- December 20, 2019 is the NFA Christmas Party
There being no further business, a motion was made
and seconded to adjourn.