Mike made a motion that we change scoring for
Traditional Shoots Only to IBO Format - x, 5, 8, 10, 11 -
motion was 2’nd and approved with 30 day review and vote at
the November 6 meeting.
- North Florida Archers meeting minutes
The Club Meeting was called to order by Club
President, Mike Chesser. The Pledge of Allegiance was completed and a
Moment of Silence was observed for the Men and Women serving our
country at home and abroad.
Minutes were read in summary from the last meeting
by the Club Secretary and they were accepted by the membership.
The Club Treasurer provided a summary of Club
Activity for August & September 2019.
- Checking and Savings balances are looking good
with usual and customary expenses including:
- Extreme Shoot Awards
- Deposits for Christmas Party DJ
- The Club had 27 new members and 17 renewals
during August and September.
- Target fund remains healthy with a planned target
purchase on the horizon (prior to October 2019)
Club President Michael Chesser had the following
- Rinehart 100 - No ETA,
they have new Director and their schedule/approval has not been
approved yet. If selected to host, we will make adjustment to our
schedule which should be out within the next week or so.
- January Work Day is now scheduled for January 11,
- IBO Shoot - January 18-19, 2020
NFA will host a World Compound Qualifier and Traditional Shoot.
- IBO class rules, scoring and format.
- Traditional Archery Society - TAS Southeast
Regional Championship is slated for February 8-9, 2019.
- All indications, same as last year for format and
- NFA Tom Swift Rendezvous April 10-12, 2020.
Scorecard format is being tested for update. Some
beta cards were used during Workin Man Shoots with both
positive/negative feedback. New format aids in quickly tabulating
score at shoots where awards are handed out and scores are double
checked by Club Officers.
Compound and Traditional Shoots will be split to
- Compound Shoots will continue with ASA Rules
and ASA scorable targets.
Mike is looking at appointing or getting
Volunteers for each shoot to be a Designated Range Official who
would be responsible for making decisions related to scoring if
shooter groups cannot make the decision.
- Increase club revenues with shooters that can’t
or won’t participate at combined event.
- New target stands allow for easy target
setup/change between shoots. IBO targets for Trad and Delta
McKenzie for Compound.
- Will need more involvement from Compound
Archer volunteers to facilitate changeover from 1 shoot to the
- Compound Changes for 2020 could include payout
adjustment (up to 50%), new ASA scorable targets/inserts for
- By the book ASA setup to include clean
Shooter of the Year Changes for 2020
- This would be for both Compound and Traditional
December 8 is the Annual Ethical Shoot (combined
December 20, 2019 is the NFA Christmas Party
- Make participants sign up at the start of our
3D Archery Season.
- Collection of $10 participant fee to help cover
the cost of awards.
- Reduces the required effort to manage and
maintain shooter data.
Mike asked Mike Shay for Field Archery Update
- NAS Officers’ Club
- 7p - 11p
- Headcount needed by Nov 7 - invites going out
asap by Treasurer
- Guy/Girl Gift Exchange - similar to last year @
$10 or less gift.
- Still work in progress.
- Targets need small roof (Gene making beta test
- Some lanes need to be changed for safety and to
allow CERTIFICATION by the North American Field Archery
- Reminder to ALL that the LAST ONE OUT at any time
during the day - LOCKS THE GATE!!!
There being no further business, a motion was made
and seconded to adjourn.