- North Florida Archers meeting minutes
The Club Meeting was called to order by Michael
Chesser. The Pledge of Allegiance was completed and a Moment of Silence
was observed for the Men and Women serving our country.
The Club President called the meeting to order and the
prior months’ minutes were read by Club Secretary, Don Williams.
Minutes were accepted by membership as read.
The Club Treasurer provided a summary of Club Activity
for the month of July
- Club Shoot revenues remain at good levels for both
the Monthly and Weekly Shoots.
- Tuesday Shoots continue to have good attendance.
- Club expenses were usual and customary. Several
target acquisitions were made at a very reduced cost from Big Jim at
TBOF Shoot: 2 Bears and a Rat for an Extreme Shoot Target..
- The Club Received a REFUND from Waste Management
for prior services provided.
- July saw mix of membership activity with 8 members
paying dues. Some new, some were renewals.
- Checking and Savings balances are looking good.
Michael Chesser turned over the floor to Billy
Loudermilk/ Club Chairman of the Board.
- The search continues for a certified instructor to
lead youth instruction efforts which are currently suspended by
membership vote. Issue remains pending.
Michael Chesser Talking Points:
- Michael noted that we are starting to see a
positive impact from the higher membership fees we started
collecting in January 2018.
- He brought up a prior discussion point of a storage
trailer (Conex Trailer) for the 3D Targets.
- In review of the cost/gain and the scheduled
additional shoot activities scheduled for early 2019 it was
recommended we stay the course with our present storage building
and invest in Foam for the Bale Targets. Some of the existing foam
would be repurposed, target height adjustments were recommended
and it would help improve the overall look and appeal of the
- It was recommended to get a delivery truck with a
lift gate and/or fork lift so the 2 pallets could be removed from
the truck and secured as we do not have a loading dock facility.
- A motion was made and 2nd’d.
- Approved by membership vote.
- In conjunction with The Traditional Archery Society
(TAS) Southeast Championship in February 2019 a regular monthly Club
Shoot will likely NOT be held in February as all efforts will
be geared toward setup and execution of this Major Event. Club Shoot
scheduling for 2019 is TBD at this point and will be a focus in the
4Q meetings (Oct-Dec).
- NFA Officers are looking for feedback on a
potential Compound Only Shoot that would be scheduled in 2019.
- Christmas Party Details
- Shrine Club in Green Cove Springs (Healy/Russell
RD) will be rented for the venue at $75/hour and with catering,
the cost is estimated at $13/head with no Cost to the Club for the
party except for paper goods and decorations.
- The Club will however put up the refundable
security deposit of $500 for the Christmas Party venue on behalf
of the club membership.
- Party would be scheduled for Thursday, December
- Setup between 5 and 6pm.
- Party run from 6pm to 9pm.
- $10 Gift Limit for Male & Female Gift
- Funds need to collected by Nov. 15, 2019 to
meet payment deadlines.
- Club Member Mike Shey made a presentation/proposal
to membership regarding an update to the Front Compound Walk Around
Range to accommodate Field Archery. This would allow us to complete
some much needed improvements to that area including creation of
defined shooting lanes and improved safety. This would also
introduce a new element of Archery to NFA. No vote is needed for
this but NFA Officers are looking for input from our members
(especially Compound Archers) at the October Meeting. As
always, we are committed to making NFA the best club around and your
input and ideas are vital!
- Proposed concept has 14 lanes total.
- 10 shooting lanes at various distances up to 40
- 4 lanes challenging the archer at longer
distances from 50 to 80 yards.
- Bale and Paper Targets.
- Lanes setup for both Field and 3D Archery.
There being no further business, a motion was made and
seconded to adjourn.