- North Florida Archers meeting minutes
The Club Meeting was called to order by Club
President, Mike Chesser. The Pledge of Allegiance was completed and a
Moment of Silence was observed for the First Responders and Men and
Women serving our country at home and abroad.
The Club Secretary read the minutes from the last
The Club Treasurer provided a summary of Club
Activity for July 2020.
- Checking and Savings balances are sound: usual
and customary expenses related to club operations with a couple of
- A used 4 wheeler was purchased to aid in range
- Belt buckles from Trad Rendezvous should be in
by Aug 8, they will be mailed or can be picked up at the Club.
- A deposit was put down with ASA for a range
(Targets/cores) from an upcoming National Shoot. Bob Keaton to
drive up and pickup when available.
- Online membership capability has received
positive use with renewals and new memberships happening each
week...Going nutz (per Mike Chesser)
Club President Michael Chesser had the following
- The Traditional Fall Championship was a huge
- Planning to move to December 2021 and keep as a
staple for the Club.
- The Compound Championship is being planned for
the Weekend of Dec 5 and 6, the same weekend as the NFA Christmas
- 25 Target qualifying round on Saturday
- 20 Target Championship Round on Sunday with
COMBINED SCORES by Class. This shoot will replace the 2020
- ASA Club Membership paperwork is being submitted
this week (by August 10).
- NFA is requesting 2 qualifiers
- FL and GA qualifiers
- Contact has been made by Don Williams and Shannon
Terrell with the managers of the Florida 3D Circuit. Mike C to
follow up with them for potential inclusion of NFA as a 3D Circuit
Club. The 3D Circuit is mostly clubs with archers who currently
shoot or aspire to shoot at a national level. These circuit shoots
are usually planned the weekend before a national event as a
primer of sorts for the archers. This could bring some really good
exposure to NFA by other Clubs in Florida and help increase
attendance and revenues from any ASA events hosted by NFA.
- Steve brought up a motion/vote idea for NFA to
become a "Home Club" for disabled veterans and LEOs. The
group is called Operation Enduring Warriors.
- Members agreed it was a good idea and was 2nd’d
- Members unanimously voted in favor of becoming
their Home Club.
- More details to follow.
- Field Archery Update: Mike Shea
- Field Archery activities are deferred until
2021 with the Compound Championship happening in Dec 2020.
- Follow-up items:
- Mike Chesser, ASA Membership Application Update
and 3D Circuit Information.
General Reminders for the Following;
- Found & Lost items should be called in Robert
Keaton, his number is posted on Club Homepage.
- December 5, 2020 is the NFA Christmas Party.
- Reminder to ALL: The LAST ONE OUT at any time
during the day - LOCKS THE GATE!!!
There being no further business, a motion was made
and seconded to adjourn.