- North Florida Archers meeting minutes
The Club Meeting was called to order by Club
President, Mike Chesser. The Pledge of Allegiance was completed and a
Moment of Silence was observed for the First Responders and Men and
Women serving our country at home and abroad.
The Club Secretary read the minutes from the last
The Club Treasurer provided a summary of Club
Activity June 2020.
- Checking and Savings balances are sound: usual
and customary expenses related to club operations.
- 2 targets were purchased, The Tapir and Howling
- These are new on the ASA lineup for 2020
competitive shoots and will be active for the July Club Shoots.
- Extra expenses have been minimized due to
Covid-19. Our "extra account" was converted to handling
of online membership payments with the new online payment system.
- Is actively being used by members!
Club President Michael Chesser had the following
- Monthly shoot activities have resumed.
- Looking at adding an additional 8 Delta McKenzie
units in support of our compound shoots.
- Will have Butch look at core replacement for
existing Delta Targets where it makes sense.
- TBOF has cancelled their Fall Championship.
- NFA will host our First Annual, North Fl Archers
Traditional Fall Championship.
- Qualifying Rounds start at Noon Friday July 31
thru Saturday August 1.
- Championship Round set for Sunday AM (20
- The following classes are in play for this
- Men & Women Recurve
- Men & Women Longbow - Wood Arrows, Any
Nock - Men & Women
- Men & Women Primitive - Self nocked, wood
- Men & Women Barebow
- Youth in call classes aged (12 -17)
- Cub in all classes aged (11 and under)
- Fees: $20 for First Round, $15 for each
additional round. Shooters may compete in all classes however
you need to pick your best bow for the Sunday Championship Round
(1 bow only).
- Field Archery and Compound Update: Mike Shea and
- Looking at dates for potential Compound Madness
- Looking at dates for potential Animal Round on
the Field Course.
- Updates to be provided at August Meeting.
- Follow-up items:
- Ongoing revenue discussions have resumed, send
us your ideas!
- Still looking for other revenue options.
- Mike Shea, Wounded Warrior in August.
- Mike Chesser, ASA Membership Application
General Reminders for the Following;
- Found & Lost items should be called in Robert
Keaton, his number is posted on Club Homepage.
- Compound and Traditional Shoots will be split
into different days in 2020 except for August 16 Extreme Shoot and
the December 5 ethical shoot,
- December 20, 2020 is the NFA Christmas Part
- Reminder to ALL: The LAST ONE OUT at any time
during the day - LOCKS THE GATE!!!
There being no further business, a motion was made
and seconded to adjourn.