- North Florida Archers meeting minutes
The Club Meeting was called to order by Club
President, Mike Chesser. The Pledge of Allegiance was completed and a
Moment of Silence was observed for the Men and Women serving our
country at home and abroad.
Minutes were read in summary from the last meeting
by the Club Secretary and they were accepted by the membership.
The Club Treasurer provided a summary of Club
Activity for June 2019.
- Club expenses were usual and customary with some
extra expense for trailer acquisition to replace the green storage
shed. Efforts remain in progress to remove the old storage shed
with delivery of the new shed expected on 7/8/2019.
- The Club had 9 new members and 5 renewals during
- Checking and Savings balances are looking good.
- Target fund remains healthy.
Club President Michael Chesser had the following
- Mike gave membership a security update and a
reminder that we have active cameras on the property for
the safety of all members and to help protect club assets.
- No recent issues
- Active monitoring in progress
- Mike informed membership that the Conex Trailer
was due to be delivered on Monday, 7/8/2019.
- Mike has made a motion for a member vote (8/7 -
Club Meeting) on a proposal for a specific grant of authority
concerning serious infractions of club safety rules and/or issues
directly related to club assets..ie destruction of club property.
The motion was approved.
- Club Officers are seeking authority to invoke a
"Temporary Suspension" of a Club Membership for a
specific member(s) who seriously violate club safety rules or
endanger club assets. OR in the case of a guest who breaks the
rules, the member who sponsored the Guests' visit on that day.
- The "Temporary Suspension" would last
up to 30 days with referral of the issue to the Chairman of the
Board & Board of Directors at the next scheduled monthly
Club Meeting. The board at that point could either take action
on the issue or defer the issue to a "board only"
- The Temporary Suspension would continue until
the Board and Chairman has rendered their decision.
- The Temporary Suspension can only be issued if
the Officer who invokes the authority personally witnesses the
infraction or sees the issue via photo or video (trail camera)
- The Temporary Suspension can be overruled by
the Club President after review/consultation.
- The Club Member would be asked to surrender
their Membership Card and leave Club Property due to a Temporary
Suspension of their Membership with a specific reason why their
Membership is Suspended. The member is obligated to surrender
heir membership card to the club officer as you are required to
have your card with you when using club facilities.
- The Club Member is not allowed on Club Property
in any capacity during a suspension and are expected to be
present at the next scheduled Club Meeting or Board Meeting
where their issue will be referred and/or reviewed for further
- A member who resists this authoritative action
will be trespassed w/JSO and a Member who threatens a Club
Officer either verbally or physically because of this action is
subject to further action including but not limited to
- Club Officers are looking for a trial period
from August 7, 2019 thru November 30 2019 for this temporary
remedy with a review during the December Club Meeting and
potential addition to Club By-laws for 2020 after further
- What qualifies for suspension?
- Property damage caused with apparent intent
and safety violations including but not limited to:
- Shooting across lanes or shooting at fixed
club structures that are clearly not targets.
- Physically damaging Club Assets
(intentionally) as in digging up yardage markets, pulling up
bow stands, shooting at/thru non-target structures like the
- Use of Broadheads in Non Broadhead areas
- Alcohol use on Club Property
- Shooting non-vital areas of targets with
intent to do so (shooting head, eyes, etc…)
- Please refer to Annual Rules Refresher for
2019 for the most current list and obey all signage posted
at the club and follow common sense rules for archery.
- A mistake can be deadly.
- Mike gave Congrats on shape of the range and all
the recent activity and improvements which were completed by
Butch, Gene, Steve, Jim, Debbie, Dan, Justing and others- a
sincere Thank You!
- Mike gave an update on Youth Instruction
- 2 Lessons were conducted in June.
- Billy Ludermilk brought in 2 Genesis Bows to
help with the Youth Instruction efforts.
- Mike went to Butch White for a Range Update:
trails are cleared and maintenance is ongoing.
- Butch still working on getting rid of the old
- Butch recommended purchase of an arrow jack -
it has been purchased
- Mike gave an update on the IBO.
- Signs are good that our Club will HOST an IBO
World Qualifier for Compound Archers early in 2020 - eye on Late
January - stay tuned!
- That same weekend an IBO Traditional Round Up
would also take place 25 targets.
- Reminder to ALL that the LAST ONE OUT at any time
during the day - LOCKS THE GATE!!!
There being no further business, a motion was made
and seconded to adjourn.