- North Florida Archers meeting minutes
The Club Meeting was called to order by Club
President, Mike Chesser. The Pledge of Allegiance was completed and a
Moment of Silence was observed for the Men and Women serving our
country at home and abroad.
The Club Treasurer provided a summary of Club
- Checking and Savings balances are sound: usual
and customary expenses related to club operations.
Extra expenses are on hold for now due to
loss of Monthly Shoot revenue due to shutdown caused by
Club President Michael Chesser had the following
- All Club Shoots remain shutdown.
- When released by City of Jacksonville to resume
standard activities, we will resume:
- Tuesday Working Man Shoots
- Monthly Shoots for Traditional and Compound
- Reschedule the Tom Swift Traditional Rendezvous
Hopefully by July due to FL HEAT!
- Efforts are underway to build out a new Club
Roster. Debbie has been working with Mike C.
- Mike C. is to work with Jim Parsons to get Paypal
setup for our Website for online payments of Dues and Target Fund
Butch White brought up the following Motions which
were approved by membership for 30 day review and vote at the next
meeting (estimated to be in June, date will be confirmed via Facebook
and Web Portal).
- Club Bylaw Change to Article 4, section of
the Club President to remove the 12 month restriction after
4 terms to enable he/she to hold a subsequent elected
position. Wording would be changed as follows:
- Club President can serve in that elected
role for up to 4 consecutive terms; when completed, he/she
may run for election of any position not currently held.
- Club Bylaw Change to Article 4, section
7.a Board of Directors to set the number of Board Members to
10, plus the Chairman of the Board.
- Board of Directors shall consist of a
representative body of active members with a maximum count
of 10 board members. Active members are members who are
present at the club for various club events and have
ongoing participation in club activities including but not
limited to special work days, Tuesday Working Man Shoots,
Monthly Shoots, special events, monthly club meetings.
These Bylaw Updates will be discussed and voted
on at the next monthly meeting. By Law changes go into effect in
- Ongoing revenue discussions have been tabled for
now until normal activities resume.
- Adding Summer Coon Shoots
- Spot Tourney at the bales
- Other Ideas needed
- Target Fund Contributors of a minimum $50 get
placed on Board.
- Field Archery update - Mike Shea
- Target the Animal Course for Validation by NFAA
and host Animal Round Shoot in 2020!
General Reminders for the Following;
- NFA Tom Swift Rendezvous date to be determined.
- Compound and Traditional Shoots will be split
into different days in 2020 - schedule on hold.
- Shooter of the Year Changes for 2020 - $10 Fee to
help defray costs - sign up in January.
- December 20, 2020 is the NFA Christmas Party
- Reminder to ALL: The LAST ONE OUT at any time
during the day - LOCKS THE GATE!!!
There being no further business, a motion was made
and seconded to adjourn.