- North Florida Archers meeting minutes
The Club Meeting was called to order by Club VP, Bob
Keaton. The Pledge of Allegiance was completed and a Moment of Silence
was observed for the Men and Women serving our country at home and
Minutes were read in summary from the last meeting
by the Club Secretary and they were accepted by membership.
The Club Treasurer provided a summary of Club
Activity for March 2019.
- Club expenses were usual and customary with some
extra expenses in preparation for Trad Rendezvous coming up this
month relative to awards and general maintenance including bench
seating and a new table by the Broadhead Shooting Area.
- A low cost road improvement effort was also
targeted for April prior to the Rendezvous - completed.
- The Club had 11 new members and 8 renewals during
- Checking and Savings balances are looking good
for the scheduled club expenses later this year.
- Sponsorships have been very good with positive
cash flow into the Club Target Fund with 3 new sponsors for March;
Turf Tech, The Preferred Group of North Florida and Honda of
Chairman of the Board - Billy Loudermilk - all good
no complaints received - nothing pending.
Club President Michael Chesser joined remotely via
Facetime and had the following talking points.
- The shooting trails are in great shape and onhand
supplies for maintenance are good.
- A primitive stake will be added for the
Rendezvous with the following:
- Blue: Primitive, Ladies and Youth Traditional
- Orange: Men Traditional and Longbow w/wood
- For the Rendezvous, Longbow Class is wood only.
If carbon is used, the class is Traditional.
- Mike will be in town the week of the Rendezvous.
- It was discussed that our current inventory of
shirts will be discounted so new inventory and be purchased.
- Mike C. has been talking with IBO folks and there
is desire to have a shoot IN North Florida - discussions are
Club Reminders and Follow/up Items:
- Sponsorship Director is Dr. John Morris - he should
be the first point contact anyone should reach out to when they have
someone wishing to become a sponsor.
- The LAST ONE OUT at any time during the day -
LOCKS THE GATE!!!
- Pending from Mike Chesser and Debbie Lowe -
Instruction Program details including timing, cost and proposed
- Pending from Don Williams: A discussion was
brought up about rescheduling the monthly meeting to coincide with
the Tuesday Evening Shoots when they are in season - could require
an update to the By-Laws - follow/up next month.
- A casual start time will be implemented for the
Tuesday Shoots - follow/up next month.
There being no further business, a motion was made
and seconded to adjourn.