North Florida Archers meeting minutes
March 7, 2023

The regular monthly club meeting of North Florida Archers was called to order at 6:04 pm by Butch White, Club President

    1. REVIEW OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES
    2. The minutes for the previous meeting was reviewed by Debbie Chesser, Club Secretary and accepted.

    3. REVIEW OF TREASURERíS REPORT
    4. The Treasurerís report was reviewed by Jeremy Hall, Club Treasurer and accepted.

    5. OLD BUSINESS OR OPEN ISSUES
    6. Pallets of foam to repair the front shooting bales has been ordered and purchased. Estimated delivery is sometime this month. There was also some expenses incurred to do maintenance on the 4 wheeler.

      TAS event was held last month. It was a success, although our schedule conflicted with the Newberry shoot. There was a reported issue that back scoring rings on some targets were shot and counted for scores. On all targets with a front and back scoring ring, only the front scoring ring should be counted for score. There was no signage at the TAS event, however, new signage has been ordered and will be posted at future events.

      IBO event is coming up this month. There will be a 25 target qualifier and 25 target championship round. On Saturday, the Last Man Standing event will take place as well as a couple other novelty shoots. There will be no coon shoots held this year. A flyer is being created to post on website and FaceBook. Abbi will make a post on FaceBook asking for volunteers for set up and take down. Mike Shea will coordinate with 4-H to provide lunch for the event.

      Next Tuesday, March 14th the first Working Man shoot will take place.

      The deadline for signing up for Shooter of the Year is March 12th.

    7. NEW BUSINESS

Bob Keaton has stepped down as Membership coordinator. Susie Shea will replace Bob.

Classes and Rules for Traditional Shoots will be streamlined and standardized and will be posted soon.

There will be a Board meeting held after this meeting; per Butch Whiteís request.

Butch nominated Gene Parsons and Mike Chesser for Honorary Lifetime Club members. Nomination was accepted, voted on and passed unanimously.

Abbi would like to place another order for Club Shooter Jerseys and asked if the club, as in the past, could pay for a portion of the cost. There was discussion regarding changing the color and logo. Per Mike Shea, camo design is not allowed at some Archery events. Jim Parsons expressed that he would like to go back to original club logo. Abbi will check into price and changing the design.

There will be another Introduction to Archery class held on April 8th at 12:00. Abbi will create a flyer.

A new local vendor is needed for ordering club T-shirts. Debbie C. will be working on putting together an order for Trad Rendezvous shirts. Suggestions are welcome.

Traditional Bowhunters of Florida (TBOF) elected new officers at the last board meeting. Michael Chesser is the new President of TBOF, Justin Connelly is the Vice President and Debbie Chesser is the secretary.

Motion to adjourn meeting was made at 7:05 pm and carried.

Meetings minutes completed by: Debbie Chesser, Club Secretary

 

 

 

 

Recorded by Debbie Chesser