- North Florida Archers meeting minutes
NFA Meeting Minutes - 3/6/2019 - 6pm and Target Vote Details from
The Club Meeting was called to order by Club
Secretary, Don Williams. The Pledge of Allegiance was completed and a
Moment of Silence was observed for the Men and Women serving our
Minutes were read in summary from the last meeting
by the Club Secretary and they were accepted by membership.
The Club Treasurer provided a summary of Club
Activity for February 2019.
- Club expenses were usual and customary with some
extra expense for target acquisition at TBOF.
- The Club had 13 new members and 12 renewals
- Checking and Savings balances are looking good
for the scheduled club expenses on the horizon related to
- Sponsorships have been very good with positive
cash flow into the Club Target Fund.
Chairman of the Board - Billy Loudermilk - all good
no complaints received - nothing pending.
Club President Michael Chesser joined remotely via
Facetime and had the following talking points.
- Status of Food for the TS Rendezvous - Billy L.
and Sparky have it covered.
- The shooting trails are in great shape and onhand
supplies for maintenance are good.
- The next Club Shoot is coming up on March 10 -
- Debbie Allen was going to handle ordering the
belt buckles for the TS Rendezvous.
- Sponsorship Director is Dr. John Morris - he
should be the first point contact anyone should reach out to when
they have someone wishing to become a sponsor.
- Butch White is doing some research and getting
bids on resurfacing the entry road from bandaid to complete
overhaul. We should have more details at next month meeting -
large cost will require membership vote.
- Mike C. has been talking with IBO folks and there
is desire to have a shoot IN North Florida - discussions are
- per Mike Shay, The Field Archery Range is
shootable. 3d animals remain pending as are small roof structures
to protect the targets. This is almost complete and ready for
our first Field Archery Tournament - stay tuned for more details.
- Pending from Mike Chesser and Debbie Lowe -
Instruction Program details including timing, cost and proposed
- He has received reports of the GATE being left
unlocked. Reminder to ALL that the LAST ONE OUT at any time during
the day - LOCKS THE GATE!!!
There being no further business, a motion was made
and seconded to adjourn.
Target Update: Club
Chairman Billy Loudermilk called an emergency vote on Tuesday
3/12/2016 in conjunction with the Club President to make a purchase
thru Greenacres Sporting Goods of 9 new Rinehart Targets along with 6
to 9 cores for targets we already own. This vote was taken at the
Working Man Shoot held at the Club at 5:45pm prior to the start of the
shoot. A motion was made to authorize the purchase which was seconded
and membership voted unanimously in favor of the purchase.