- North Florida Archers meeting minutes
The Club Meeting was called to order by Club
President, Michael Chesser The Pledge of Allegiance was completed and
a Moment of Silence was observed for the Men and Women serving our
Minutes were read from the last meeting by the Club
Secretary, Don Williams and they were accepted by membership.
The Club Treasurer provided a summary of Club
Activity for January 2019.
- Club expenses were usual and customary with some
extra expense related to the TAS Shoot which is coming up this
weekend (2/8-10) such as orange vests, walkie talkies, drinks,
bush hog rental etc...
- The Club received the outstanding refund from the
food vendor and a deposit return for Christmas Party venue from
- The Club had 14 new members and 10 renewals
- Checking and Savings balances are looking good
for the scheduled club expenses on the horizon related to
Chairman of the Board - Billy Loudermilk - all good
no complaints received - nothing pending.
Michael Chesser Talking Points:
- A Big Thank you to Butch, Gene, Richard, Jim and
the MANY OTHERS who participated and gave of their time in the
months leading up to the shoot this week. Those efforts are
greatly appreciated and the club looks GREAT!
- The annual work day was a HUGE SUCCESS! It was
great to see the support provided by our members. All tasks that
needed to be done that day were completed - Thank you to all
- We have a volunteer Sponsorship Director (Dr.
John Morris). He is leading efforts to help drive money into our
Target Fun thru corporate sponsors. There are several tiers (Gold,
Silver and Tournament) with good feedback so far. A list of our
sponsors will soon be on our website and members are encouraged to
Support Our Sponsors which include a roofing company, a t-shirt
vendor and more.
- per Mike Shay, The Field Archery Range is
shootable and is almost complete and ready for our first
Field Archery Tournament - stay tuned for more details.
- Mike Chesser and Debbie Lowe are now Certified
Archery Instructors under S3DA and are proud to offer their
services to the Club to help satisfy those seeking archery
instruction and to help towards Club offerings to members.
- Targeting end of March to start instruction
program on limited basis.
- 1 Saturday a month.
- $20 per lesson for kids less than 18 years old.
- 5-6 participants per session - first come,
first served until waiting list developed.
- TAS Shoot for February 8, 9 and 10th.
- Michael reminded everyone about the Traditional
Archery Society (TAS) Southeast Championship in February 2019
with some additional information based on discussions with
- IBO Scoring, Classes and Rules and stake
- Attendee estimates 100+ shooters.
- 40 targets, 30y max - clearly visible vital
- 10 coon shoot targets (Sat Night)
- The club can provide lunches on Saturday
"paid by donations" at 100% profit -$8/lunch.
- Parking for event will be onsite with
overflow nearby in the park or elsewhere depending upon needs.
- Club Officers and Board Members will be
expected to provide support for parking (team of 2 w/vests and
radios (rotating duty). 1 with pavilion duty and there is
anticipated to be 3 Roving Range Officers to help attendees
with any issues that arise on the target lanes during the
- Acadian Wood Bows from Slidell LA are going
to be here for the shoot.
Annual Club Elections for North FL Archers
Here are your elected Club Officers for 2019.
Sr. Range Officer - Butch White
Treasurer - Debbie Allen
Secretary - Don Williams
Vice President - Robert Keaton
President - Michael Chesser
Chairman of the Board - Billy Loudermilk. Billy will
review Board of Directors and bring changes, if any, to next month
- Compound Mayhem Shoot is coming up on February
- Mike’s Goals for 2019 include a replacement for
the Green Monster storage shed and covering the 20 yard target
bales from the shooter line to the target!!
There being no further business, a motion was made
and seconded to adjourn.