North Florida Archers meeting minutes
January 04, 2019

Happy New Year! North Florida Archers Monthly Meeting Minutes

The Club Meeting was called to order by Club President, Michael Chesser The Pledge of Allegiance was completed and a Moment of Silence was observed for the Men and Women serving our country.

No minutes were read from the last meeting as the December Meeting was cancelled.

The Club Treasurer provided a summary of Club Activity for November and December 2018.

  • Club expenses were usual and customary and included the December Ethical Shoot expenses/revenue.
  • The last 2 months of 2018 saw a mix of membership activity with 12 new members and 9 renewals during this timeframe.
  • Checking and Savings balances are looking good going into 2019 with our 3D Shoot Schedule in place and large, scheduled club expenses on the horizon.

Michael Chesser Talking Points:

  • Throughout 2018 a meeting topic was carried related to the need for certified instructor(s) to satisfy Youth Archery Instruction needs presented to us by the general public. There was a lot of interest related to Archery Instruction over 2018 but with no certified instructors, the club previously voted to suspend all instruction efforts by majority vote.
  • This brings us to 2019. Mike Chesser and Debbie Lowe bore the expense of becoming Certified Archery Instructors under S3DA in December 2018 and are proud to offer their services to the Club to help satisfy those seeking archery instruction and to help towards Club offerings to members.
    • S3DA is a nationally recognized brand for Youth Instruction.
    • S3DA includes a liability insurance benefit on top of Club Liability Insurance for instructor led classes.
    • Mike and Debbie will put together a plan/program and bring it to the next club meeting in the hope that we can again vote to reinstate Youth Instruction for the Public.
    • There will be limited Club Expense as most classes require students to provide their own equipment.
    • There is tremendous upside to the Club with new members and potentially competitive, S3DA teams down the road.
  • TAS Shoot for February 8, 9 and 10th.
    • Michael reminded everyone about the Traditional Archery Society (TAS) Southeast Championship in February 2019 with some additional information based on discussions with organizers.
      • IBO Scoring, Classes and Rules and stake setup.
      • Attendee estimates 100-150 shooters.
      • 40 targets, 30y max - clearly visible vital area.
      • 10 coon shoot targets (Sat Night)
      • The club can provide lunches on Saturday "paid by donations" at 100% profit
      • Don will review shirt inventory and propose purchase needs to Mike.
      • Parking for event will be onsite with overflow nearby in the park or elsewhere depending upon needs.
      • Club Officers and Board Members will be expected to provide support for parking (team of 2 w/vests and radios (rotating duty). 1 with pavilion duty and there is anticipated to be 3 Roving Range Officers to help attendees with any issues that arise on the target lanes during the event.
      • Vendor participation is possible.
  • Annual Work Day
    • This is a critical work day with an ALL HANDS ON DECK approach for membership needed. This club needs member participation to ensure a safe and clean environment to provide ALL monthly shoots and other competitive events like this TAS Shoot coming up in February.
    • Mike will have a list CRITICAL items that have to be addressed at the January Work day.
      • There will be a meeting that morning to discuss those items and assign work areas with team leaders.
        • Target bale resets
        • Target trail clean up
        • Pavilion clean up
        • Target inventory
        • And more…..
    • Mike to lead member contact efforts due to TAS Shoot in February and club needs.
    • Lunch will be provided to all workers.
    • Your Club NEEDS YOU! Please plan to attend, join a work team and let’s get this Club ready for 2019.
  • Christmas Party Notes
    • Date issue with vendor who was a no show at the event.
    • Refund being sought by Club.
    • Stay tuned for further details.

There being no further business, a motion was made and seconded to adjourn.


Don Williams



Recorded by Don Williams