- North Florida Archers meeting minutes
The Club Meeting was called to order by Club
President, Mike Chesser. The Pledge of Allegiance was completed and a
Moment of Silence was observed for the Men and Women serving our
country at home and abroad.
Minutes were read in summary from the last meeting
by the Club Secretary and they were accepted by the membership.
The Club Treasurer provided a summary of Club
Activity for August 2019.
- Club expenses were usual and customary with some
extra expense for the upcoming Extreme Shoot.
- The Club had 14 new members and 10 renewals
during July - 3 were New Family Memberships.
- Checking and Savings balances are looking good.
- Target fund remains healthy with a planned target
purchase on the horizon (prior to October 2019)
Club President Michael Chesser had the following
- Mike gave membership reminder that we have active
cameras on the property for the safety of all members and to
help protect club assets.
- No recent issues, the shenanigans appear to
- Mike noted that Board Activity related to the
escalated issue from July was appropriate and concluded within the
constraints of the Club Bylaws and prescribed timeframes. He
appreciated their review/action.
- Mike made a motion on a proposal for a specific
grant of authority concerning serious infractions of club safety
rules and/or issues directly related to club assets..ie
destruction of club property. The motion was previously approved
and the rule was put in place on a temporary basis until January
2020 where it will be discussed.
- Below is a recap with rule specifics:
- Club Officers have authority to invoke a
"Temporary Suspension" of a Club Membership for a
specific member(s) who seriously violate club safety rules or
endanger club assets. OR in the case of a guest who breaks the
rules, the member who sponsored the Guests' visit on that day.
- The "Temporary Suspension" would last
up to 30 days with referral of the issue to the Chairman of the
Board & Board of Directors at the next scheduled monthly
Club Meeting. The board at that point could either take action
on the issue or defer the issue to a "board only"
- The Temporary Suspension would continue until
the Board and Chairman has rendered their decision.
- The Temporary Suspension can only be issued if
the Officer who invokes the authority personally witnesses the
infraction or sees the issue via photo or video (trail camera)
- The Temporary Suspension can be overruled by
the Club President after review/consultation.
- The Club Member would be asked to surrender
their Membership Card and leave Club Property due to a Temporary
Suspension of their Membership with a specific reason why their
Membership is Suspended. The member is obligated to surrender
heir membership card to the club officer as you are required to
have your card with you when using club facilities.
- The Club Member is not allowed on Club Property
in any capacity during a suspension and are expected to be
present at the next scheduled Club Meeting or Board Meeting
where their issue will be referred and/or reviewed for further
- A member who resists this authoritative action
will be trespassed w/JSO and a Member who threatens a Club
Officer either verbally or physically because of this action is
subject to further action including but not limited to
- What qualifies for suspension?
- Property damage caused with apparent intent
and safety violations including but not limited to:
- Shooting across lanes or shooting at fixed
club structures that are clearly not targets.
- Physically damaging Club Assets
(intentionally) as in digging up yardage markets, pulling up
bow stands, shooting at/thru non-target structures like the
- Use of Broadheads in Non Broadhead areas
- Alcohol use on Club Property
- Shooting non-vital areas of targets with
intent to do so (shooting head, eyes, etc…)
- Please refer to Annual Rules Refresher for
2019 for the most current list and obey all signage posted
at the club and follow common sense rules for archery.
- A mistake can be deadly.
- Mike gave Congrats to NFA members who
participated in the TBOF Shoot where our Club won/placed in most
- Mike noted that Extreme Shoot activities are in
progress and it is going to be tough shoot.
- Mike/Debbie Allen gave an update on Xmas Party.
- Dec 20 at NAS Officers Club, DJ, catered with
lost less than $20/head. More details are forthcoming.
- Mike made motion to provide monetary donation our
Disabled Archers who continue to try and compete at an Olympic
Level, motion was approved by the Membership. Treasurer to take
care of monetary donations.
- Mike gave an update on the prospective Club
Shoots for 2019 with more details to come.
- IBO will have a Dual Shoot in January -
Compound and Traditional in January timeframe
- TAS will have Southeast Regional Championship
in Feb/Mar timeframe
- Rinehart 100 has not committed to an NFA Club
Shoot in 2019 - still pending.
- NFA Tom Swift Rendezvous in April timeframe.
- The Chairman of the Board added Justin Connelly
to the Board of Directors by approved motion/vote.
- Reminder to ALL that the LAST ONE OUT at any time
during the day - LOCKS THE GATE!!!
There being no further business, a motion was made
and seconded to adjourn.