Safety and Membership Guidelines
The following safety and membership
guidelines are written for your protection as well as the protection of the
North Florida Archers archery club. The officers and members of North Florida
Archers want all archers and their guests to safely enjoy our facility.
North Florida Archers bear the expenses
of maintenance for the entire range and facilities. These rules have been
adopted to preserve our equipment, supplies and investment. We are a non-profit
organization. Members, guests or visitors who violate these guidelines may be
prohibited from using our facilities and may have their club membership
- - -
- Members are responsible for closing and locking the club’s access
gate when they are the last person to leave the facilities, regardless of
the time of day.
- Absolutely no alcohol, crossbows, guns (including BB and pellet
guns), ATV’s or fireworks of any kind are permitted on the club’s property.
should be aware that the North Florida Archers facilities are located on
Federal land. Members and their guests are subject to all federal and/or
local laws regulating our properties.
- Hunting is not permitted on any portion of the North Florida Archers
facilities, nor shall anyone shoot any live animal or bird for sport or
- Members must accompany their guest. Guest
privileges are limited to three visits. All guests must sign a liability
waiver before shooting anywhere in the confines of the North Florida
Archers property. Liability waivers (blue 3-D registration form) are
available at the line range bulletin board and at the bulletin board under
- Members and guests shall not litter the grounds in any manner and
will dispose of any trash in the containers provided.
- Exercise extreme caution when smoking while on the property. Do not
dispose of any smoking materials in trash barrels.
- Report any unsafe or low hanging branches or limbs to the Range
officer or other club officer for proper removal.
- Shoot only in designated shooting areas, lanes and fields. Enter
the range only through designated entrances and do not cut through or
across any other shooting lanes or trails. Never walk the trails in
reverse due to the danger of walking in front of shooters.
- Motorized vehicles are not to be driven on the line range or anywhere
inside the walking range boundaries (with the exception of those necessary for
either maintenance or set up of an organized shoot).
- No bow shall be pulled, with an arrow nocked on, in the parking,
pavilion or picnic areas.
- A responsible adult must accompany children
visiting North Florida Archers and that adult will be responsible for the
safety of that child. Members, guests and visitors shall not allow any child to roam the range
unescorted. If there are children in your group who are not shooting, they
must remain behind the shooting line at all times. Please insure that
children in your group do not disrupt other shooters.
- The shooting range portion of the North Florida Archers facilities
is divided into three areas: Practice/line range area, 3-D walking
range(s) and designated broadhead area. You must use the appropriate area
for the type of archery you are shooting. Members or guests shall not set
up their own target(s) in an undesignated shooting lane.
- When shooting the practice bales, members and guests shall
not hold up the
shooting line for other shooters by shooting an excessive amount of arrows
at one time. You shall place your bow
on the rack and wait behind the shooting line until the line is cleared.
It is the responsibility of the shooter on each end of the shooting line
to determine that all shooters have completed their practice end, signal
to each other, and announce, “PULL” before stepping out to pull any
arrows. No shooter will shoot while any archer is still forward of the
- If you have overshot a target or have
lost an arrow, you should place your bow, or an appropriate warning device, in
front of your target while you are searching for arrows behind the target or
butt. This procedure applies to all shooting areas including the 3-D walking
- Never shoot any broadhead arrows into any practice bales or 3-D
targets. Broadheads are to be used only in the area designated for broadheads.
- Members and guests shall not move any target or remove or replace
any target face without permission from the Range officer or other club
- Members and guests should understand that there will be times when
the entire range may be closed for shooting and practice during designated
“Work Parties”, tournaments, etc. Obey the posted signs. No shooting is
allowed on any portion of a closed range.
- Members are responsible for any guest, visitor or spectator they
may bring to this facility and are responsible to assure their compliance
with these safety and membership guidelines.
- Fall protection (safety harness) is required
when using the tree stands located on the broadhead range. This rule does
not apply to the walkup stand, also known as the Cadillac stand.